We are seeking applications for motivated individuals to work as a behavior technician for our small ABA treatment center in Grand Rapids. Full or part-time opportunities available; hours flexible but include some evening appointments.
Excellent opportunity for experienced or early career professionals. Competitive salary; medical benefits and paid professional development opportunities available to full-time employees.
A behavior technician supports and implements a client care plan created by a board-certified behavior analyst. They provide ABA interventions that encourage socially acceptable replacement behaviors so clients (young children) can build and improve upon their communication, social interaction, and problem-solving skills. What this looks like in practice varies greatly, since behavioral therapy is so specific to an individual patient’s needs.
Behavior technicians are the unsung heroes of behavioral therapy. They provide the essential one-on-one feedback and reinforcement that makes behavioral therapy work.
The job duties behavior technicians perform every day include:
- Providing direct client care in one-on-one and group settings
- Following the behavior reduction and behavioral skill acquisition protocols
- Collecting and recording data based on client behavior
- Communicating with clients, parents, and caregivers regarding client progress
- Assisting behavior analysts and assistant behavior analysts with behavior reduction assessments and skills
- Experience working with kids
- Work well with a team and respond well to feedback
- Embrace instruction and desire for continued learning opportunities
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary team members and a desire to work with young children
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable attendance record
- Reliable transportation
- Willingness to go into homes
- High school diploma and Pass background check
We will provide 40 hours of training applicable to the job requirements.
If you are interested, please complete our short application and attach your resume.
We are currently accepting applications for part-time child and adolescent specialists for our private practices in both Grand Rapids and Midland. Hours are flexible but will include both evening and telehealth appointments. Candidates with previous experience in behavior or cognitive-behavior therapy and parent training are encouraged to apply.
Excellent opportunity for experienced or early career professionals in the fields of psychology, counseling or social work. Competitive salary and paid professional development opportunities available.
Doctorate or master’s degree from an accredited educational institution, successful completion of a background check and possessing active/valid licensure from the State of Michigan required.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please email a copy of your resume to Holly at: Holly@BehaviorHealthPartners
Grand Rapids Office:
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Email Our Office
(2nd level @ east end of building)
Midland, MI 48640
Email Our Office